The Mid-Vancouver Island Heritage Network unifies and strengthens cultural groups and heritage organizations, fosters cultural awareness and promotes the collective heritage of our communities.
Establishment of Heritage Network was facilitated through funding provided by The Heritage Legacy Fund of British Columbia administered by HeritageBC.
- Improving awareness and understanding of cultures within our community.
- Facilitating communication between cultural groups within our community.
- Developing a strategy to raise the profile of Heritage.
- Developing marketing opportunities, emphasizing Heritage Tourism.
- Leveraging national, federal, provincial and municipal assistance.
Membership & Meetings
Membership is open to all cultural and heritage organisations in the mid-Vancouver Island region.
Meetings are principally conducted online via Zoom. This honors COVID-19 concerns, and also facilitates attendance of organisations throughout the large focus area.
Our goal is to provide a collaborative environment for member organizations to share resources, address issues of mutual interest and foster the development, appreciation and promotion of area heritage and cultural resources.
The Network is currently in a formative stage. It is currently being spearheaded by the Ladysmith & District Historical Society.
Given success, it is envisioned that a Board composed of directors from member organisations will be elected, with committees identified to further the identified tasks.
Our region of interest
Sign up for our Email News!
We send out regular announcements with relevant heritage content from mid-Vancouver Island. Please confirm your subscription.